DIY Lip Scrub...#SelfCareSunday
Spa Day at Home
Happy Sunday! The weather is starting to change here in Georgia. Cooler temps can sometimes be harsh on our skin. So, we thought it would be cool to do a DIY Project today...a lip scrub and a lip mask We have two recipes that are really simple and created with household items. These are both really nourishing and a great way to combat chapped lips. Exfoliating will remove the dead skin and make your lips less likely to chap.
Brown Sugar & Honey Lip Scrub
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 5-6 drops of lavender essential oil (optional)
- Mix the brown sugar with raw honey.
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to this mixture.
- Stir until completely blended, apply the scrub to your lips and rub it well in circular motion for 2-3 minutes.
- Wash with warm water and apply some lip balm.
This one is really easy to make and does wonders for your lips. Raw honey works well to lighten your lips. It also helps get rid of chapped skin, so your lips appear brighter than before. Lavender oil deeply nourishes your lips and is excellent for preventing sunburns.
Chocolate Lip Scrub Mask
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients until blended in a glass bowl.
- Apply a small amount of the scrub to your lips and rub it in a gentle circular motion.
- Allow the mask to sit on your lips for a couple of minutes.
- Wipe off with a soft wet cloth or wash with warm water.
This lip scrub mask will not only satisfies your chocolate cravings but the cocoa helps moisturize your lips deeply and removes tan. Vanilla extract is known to have a whole bundle of anti-aging benefits and antioxidants that prevent and reverse skin damage.
We hope you have enjoyed these recipes and would love to get your feedback. Have a beautiful Sunday!
Leave a comment